Fantasy Baseball Notes (August 9-15)
Updated: Jan 14, 2022
Keeping this short and easy, let’s look at some late season waiver adds who can help your team this week and down the stretch:
- Luis Gil, 12% owned, looked good over 6 IP in his MLB debut for the Yanks and pitches again on Sunday after this was written. He should be able to keep his spot in the NYY rotation while Cole and Montgomery remain on the IL.
- Rafael Ortega, 40% owned, has seen his ownership spike 39% over the last week and rightfully so. The Cubs OF prospect has been excellent since being called up. He may not be able to keep up this level of production, but he will have value for as long as he remains in the top half of the lineup.
- Tylor Megill, 50% owned, has been great for the Mets and should remain in the rotation for the remainder of the regular season. He should be owned in all leagues and formats.
- Edward Oliveras, 10% owned, has played very well in limited action. Oliveras brings immense power and speed to the Royals and is worth a speculative look for teams with a roster spot available.
- Jarren Duran, 20% owned, has been dropped in a handful of leagues after a slow start and his recent placement on the covid-IL. We expect him to stay up for BOS when he returns and he should be owned in all leagues and formats.
- Kike Hernandez, 44% owned, has been on fire since the All-Star break and should remain in the top half of Boston’s high scoring offense for the foreseeable future.
- David Price, 38% owned, has found his way into the Dodgers rotation and should be a significant contributor in fantasy from here out.
- Chris Sale, 85% owned, could possibly make his return this week. He should be a top 30 SP for the remainder of the season.
- Paul Sewald, 17% owned, is yet another reliever who has earned a share of saves for his team. He is a little under the radar right now but exceeding expectations on the season.
- Jace Peterson, 44% owned, has been hot lately. How ownership spiked 30% last week. Peterson’s best quality might just be his utility, with eligibility at 1B, 2B, 3B, and OF.