Updated: Jan 14
The awkward, long fantasy weeks coming into and out of the All-Star Game are behind us. We have reached the home stretch of the season. If you’re still reading this, it probably means your fantasy team is still in contention for a playoff run. Instead of our usual post where we breakdown our top matchups for the calendar week, we will focus on specific signings. Notably, the MLB Trade Deadline is approaching on July 30, so we expect several players to gain/lose value over the course of the week. Until then, let’s look at some players who could be available in your league:
- Jarren Duran, 48% owned, is the real deal. We expect him to stay up and he should be owned in all leagues and formats
- Kike Hernandez, 44% owned, has been on fire since the All-Star break and should remain in the top half of Boston’s high scoring offense for the foreseeable future.
- David Price, 44% owned, has found his way into the Dodgers rotation and should be a significant contributor in fantasy from here out.
- Chris Sale, 81% owned, could possibly make his return this week. He should be a top 30 SP for the remainder of the season.
- Heath Hembree, 19% owned, has stepped into Cleveland’s closer role after a handful of bullpen injuries to his teammates. He should be owned in all leagues while he has the job.
- Hansel Robles, 35% owned, is another reliever who has earned a share of the saves. He is now pitching for Minnesota.
- Paul Sewald, 17% owned, is yet another reliever who has earned a share of saves for his team. He is a little under the radar right now but exceeding expectations on the season.
- Jace Peterson, 44% owned, has been hot lately. How ownership spiked 30% last week. Peterson’s best quality might just be his utility, with eligibility at 1B, 2B, 3B, and OF.