Updated: Jan 14
If you’re reading this the day we wrote it, happy 4th of July! We hope you can enjoy the rest of this with a beer and a hot dog. This week’s notes will be abbreviated so we can get back to exactly that. We will continue our regular extended notes next week.
For now, there are a number of other low owned hitters and pitchers who we are targeting this week. This list will continue to grow throughout the week, but for now we are keeping a close eye on the following players/situations:
- Hansel Robles, 35% owned, seems to have a share of the saves in Minnesota even though he has been roughed up a bit.
- Chas McCormick, 3% owned, has been moved to the bottom half of the Astros’ lineup, but he has been productive at the plate in his limited playing time.
- Tony Santillan, who was undrafted and unowned only two weeks ago, was mentioned here last week. He had a tough matchup vs SD in his second start, but he looked good against ATL last week. Now, he is scheduled to face SD again. We wouldn’t rush to start him there, but he will remain on our radar.
- Jonathan Schoop, now owned in 77% of leagues, has gained over 25% ownership since we first mentioned him and he has now climbed into the top 100 fantasy players on the season. Schoop is a streaky hitter that should be owned while he is hot.
- Framber Vazquez, now owned in 85% of leagues, has been a mainstay here for a few weeks, but he deserves to be until he is owned in all leagues. Vazquez has a 2.11 ERA on the season.
- Brandon Crawford, owned in 75% of leagues, has also been mentioned in this section before and has seen his ownership increase by over 30% since then. He has now cracked the top 50 fantasy players on the season.