Fantasy Baseball Weekly Notes (June 6-12)
Fantasy baseball Week 9 starts Monday at 6:40 pm ET. Here are a few players that I will be targeting on the waiver wire and who are currently available in most leagues:
- Kyle Wright (SP, 90% owned) and Cal Quantrail (SP, 49% owned) are both scheduled to make two starts this week and should both benefit from facing weaker opponents. Quantrail has pitched six quality starts in his last seven outings.
- Jose Quintana (SP/RP 18% owned) also has two scheduled starts this week, but we are more interested in using him Monday at home vs the Tigers, and not against the Braves over the weekend.
- It's time to pickup William Contreras (C, 55% owned), if you have not already. Contreras is still hitting above .300 and should soon gain OF eligibility as the Braves continue to do whatever they can to keep the young prospect's bat in their lineup.
- Kyle Farmer (SS/3B, 46% owned) has been a five category contributor and should continue to be with a handful of favorable matchups in Week 9.
- Ryan Helsley (RP, 62% owned) has earned the closer role for the Cardinals, but do not waste too much capital acquiring him since the team has hinted as proceeding with a closer-by-comittee approach.