Fantasy Baseball Notes (August 23-29)
Updated: Jan 14, 2022
Keeping this short, let’s look at some late season waiver adds who can help your team this week and down the stretch:
- Tyler Naquin, 44% owned, has always been a streaky hitter but he has been red hot lately, which is great news for fantasy owners. We suggest picking him up and riding this wave out.
- Luis Gil, 35% owned, looked good over 6 IP in his MLB debut for the Yanks and pitches again on Sunday after this was written. He should be able to keep his spot in the NYY rotation while Cole and Montgomery remain on the IL.
- Rafael Ortega, 40% owned, has seen his ownership spike 39% over the last week and rightfully so. The Cubs OF prospect has been excellent since being called up. He may not be able to keep up this level of production, but he will have value for as long as he remains in the top half of the lineup.
- Tylor Megill, 50% owned, has been great for the Mets and should remain in the rotation for the remainder of the regular season. He should be owned in all leagues and formats.
- Edward Oliveras, 10% owned, has played very well in limited action. Oliveras brings immense power and speed to the Royals and is worth a speculative look for teams with a roster spot available.
- Jarren Duran, 20% owned, is back in the Red Sox lineup and he is a talent that we believe in. If you are desperate and the names previously mentioned are all taken, Duran would be our pick.
- David Price, 38% owned, has found his way into the Dodgers rotation and should be a significant contributor in fantasy from here out.
- Chris Sale, 85% owned, could possibly make his return this week. He should be a top 30 SP for the remainder of the season.