Ok, this is it. If you're still playing competitive fantasy baseball, it is safe to say that you've done more than a few things right throughout the season. In the event that you have one or two holes to fill on the home stretch, here are our final set of notes for the season and a few players who we will target this week and who are available in most leagues:
- Our first note simply recognizes the longer period of play here, which includes 3 days of make-up games tacked on to the end of the regular season. Be sure to understand whether your league will include stats from these games.
- Be careful with players from playoff contenders, especially from teams who have already clinched their playoff spots. Typically, we see these teams rest their usual starters. While this can make things difficult deciding whether to player your already owned players, it does create some opportunities to sign bench players who will find themselves in expanded roles.
- For now, a handful of teams find themselves in tight playoff races including the: New York Mets, Atlanta Braves, Philadelphia Phillies Milwaukee Brewers, San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners, Baltimore Orioles, Tampa Bay Rays, and Toronto Blue Jays.
- Onto individual players who we like this week. We first want to mention a few St. Louis Cardinals who find themselves in favorable matchups: Brendan Donovan (1B/2B/3B/OF, 25% owned), Corey Dickerson (OF, 5% owned), and Jose Quintana (SP, 41% owned).
- Cleveland Guardians pitcher Cal Quantrill (SP, 85% owned) is 5-0 in his career against the Kansas City Royals and is scheduled to face them twice this week.