Fantasy Baseball Notes (August 30-September 5)
Updated: Jan 14, 2022
We are really onto the home stretch now, with just about a month left in the fantasy baseball regular season. Keeping this short, let’s look at some late season waiver adds who can help your team this week and down the stretch:
- Carlos Hernandez, 25% owned, has been excellent in the Royals rotation lately, with 60 strikeouts over 59 innings pitched. He looks to keep the job down the stretch and is definitely worth an add, just do not expect many wins.
- Patrick Wisdom, 34% owned, has been a bright spot for this weaker Cubs team and currently sits just 1 HR shy of a CHC rookie record. His bat is hot right now and he is worth an add to help at multiple positions (1B/3B/OF)
- Tyler Naquin, 64% owned, has always seen his ownership spike up 20% since we wrote about him last week. Naquin been a streaky hitter but he has been red hot lately, which is great news for fantasy owners. We suggest picking him up and riding this wave out.
- Rafael Ortega, 40% owned, has seen his ownership spike 39% over the last week and rightfully so. The Cubs OF prospect has been excellent since being called up. He may not be able to keep up this level of production, but he will have value for as long as he remains in the top half of the lineup.
- Edward Oliveras, 10% owned, has played very well in limited action. Oliveras brings immense power and speed to the Royals and is worth a speculative look for teams with a roster spot available.
- Jarren Duran, 20% owned, is back in the Red Sox lineup and he is a talent that we believe in. If you are desperate and the names previously mentioned are all taken, Duran would be our pick.
- David Price, 38% owned, has found his way into the Dodgers rotation and should be a significant contributor in fantasy from here out.
- Chris Sale, 85% owned, could possibly make his return this week. He should be a top 30 SP for the remainder of the season.