The All-Star break and the trade deadline are behind us as we finally approach a normalized week 17 across the fantasy baseball universe. Here are a few players that I will be targeting on the waiver wire this week and who are currently available in most leagues:
- Even with two doubleheaders, one Tuesday and one Saturday, this is a relatively light week of baseball with only 91 scheduled games.
- The first doubleheader is a soft one for the Chicago White Sox with a set of games against the Kansas City Royals. I will be targetting Chicago's Andrew Vaughn (1B/OF, 70% owned).
- This week, features 6 games at Colorado's Coors Field, 3 with the St. Louis Cardinals and 3 with the Arizona Diamondbacks. I like STL's Lars Nootbaar (OF, 2%) and Paul DeJong(SS, 3%), who could provide a surge of power. From ARI, I like Seth Beer (DH, 1% owned).
- The Minnesota Twins only have 5 scheduled games this week, but all 5 should be against left-handed starting pitchers. I like Gio Urshela (3B/SS, 30% owned ), Jose Miranda (1B/3B, 65% owned), and Gary Sanchez (C, 45% owned ) where they are available.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates will need to make an adjustment to their rotation after trading Jose Quintana at the deadline. It is unclear what they plan to do, but keep an eye on Roansy Contreras (SP, 13% owned).