Updated: Jan 14, 2022
For most of us, this coming week is the final week of the fantasy baseball regular season before the playoffs. In this post, we will look at some late season waiver adds who can help your team complete a title run:
- Alejandro Kirk, 20% owned, has been hot lately and is finally delivering on the potential that everyone knew he had coming into the season. If your catcher is cold, or if you want another bat, we would sign Kirk quickly.
- Adam Duvall, 66% owned, is known to be a streaky hitter and he is heating up at just the right time. While Duvall will hurt your team’s batting average, he should continue to contribute mightily in HR and RBI.
- Jonathan Villar, 62% owned, was here last week and has seen his ownership spike 20% in that span. Villar has been having a bounce-back season for the Mets and has been particularly hot at the plate lately. We recommend picking him up and riding out this hot streak, especially with the versatility he provides across the infield (2B, 3B, SS)
- Rowan Wick, 21% owned, is another Cub that should see a big role for the remainder of the season. Wick looks to be Chicago’s primary closer right now.
- Chris Sale, 92% owned, has been insane since his return and should be a no-brainer pick to end up on rosters. Somehow, he is still out there in about 8% of leagues. Check waivers!