Updated: Jan 14
For most of us, this coming week is the start of the fantasy playoffs. Savvy fantasy owners know that the job is not done yet and that there is still room for improvement by way of available players. In this post, we will look at some late season waiver adds who can help your team complete a title run:
- Lane Thomas, 27%, owned, has found his place as the Nationals leadoff hitter. If you still need OF help, this could be your guy.
- Austin Hays, 38%, owned is another outfielder that has played great in the second half of the season and is worth a look.
- Adam Duvall, 66% owned, is known to be a streaky hitter and he is heating up at just the right time. While Duvall will hurt your team’s batting average, he should continue to contribute mightily in HR and RBI.
- Brandon Belt, 63% owned, has seen his ownership spike 30% over the last week. He has been smashing homeruns lately and should be owned in all leagues while he keeps this up.
- Rowan Wick, 21% owned, is another Cub that should see a big role for the remainder of the season. Wick looks to be Chicago’s primary closer right now.
- Chris Sale, 92% owned, has been insane since his return and should be a no-brainer pick to end up on rosters. Somehow, he is still out there in about 8% of leagues. Check waivers!