Updated: Jan 14
For those who have been taking our picks all season, you know we have been keeping this short. So, without wasting any time, let’s look at some late season waiver adds who can help your team this week and down the stretch:
- Jonathan Villar, 44% owned, has been having a bounce-back season for the Mets and has been particularly hot at the plate lately. We recommend picking him up and riding out this hot streak, especially with the versatility he provides across the infield (2B, 3B, SS)
- Carlos Hernandez, 29% owned, was here last week and has been excellent in the Royals rotation lately. He looks to keep the job down the stretch and is definitely worth an add, just do not expect many wins.
- Austin Hays, 38% owned, is in line for a big week as the O’s are set to face a handful of LHPs this week. Hays is hitting over .300 against LHP on the season.
- Patrick Wisdom, 56% owned, has seen his ownership spike up by 20% over the last week and has been a bright spot for this weaker Cubs team. His bat is hot right now and he is worth an add to help at multiple positions (1B/3B/OF)
- Rowan Wick, 5% owned, is another Cub that should see a big role for the remainder of the season. Wick looks to be Chicago’s primary closer right now.
- Chris Sale, 92% owned, has been insane since his return and should be a no-brainer pick to end up on rosters. Somehow, he is still out there in about 8% of leagues. Check waivers!